Friday, February 25, 2022

Jack and his "famous smile."


It was a done deal, written in stone, and a sure thing. Any time I told my little brother, Jack, to put on his "famous smile", any surrounding hearts would melt. Whatever mischief we had done, was promptly forgotten when he flashed his innocent, little boy smile.  It was like magic.

I can't count the amount of times I was saved by this gift. If I tossed a basketball into my neighbor's yard, breaking their prized rose bushes, I instinctively shouted for Jack. "Jack! Get over here quick.  I'm gonna need your "famous smile." It worked like a charm. 

Now, I find myself dreaming of those days and I wake up with tears in my eyes. I ask myself, why does life have to be so short? Especially for those with a "famous smile." 




 

1 comment:

  1. Know that I miss that smile and his big hugs. Anytime you wake up with tears in your eyes, WAKE ME UP! I will always be there for you. Much love!!!!

    ReplyDelete