Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A Letter to My Brother


Dear Jack, 

I know that you were never fond of reading. So this letter will be short.

If, by chance, you were off somewhere in heaven filling out some mandatory paperwork and missed the service for you at Romanelli's, let me tell what happened.

First, it was unforgettable. It was as close to an Irish funeral as you can get. Sure, there were tears—but those tears were also from happiness. Family and friends, both new and old laughed and shared memories. It reminded me of one of your epic backyard parties. 

Billie and I eulogized you (if you give me your current email address; I can send you copies of them), an emotional Paul got up to reminisce about you before feigning to "moon" the packed room. Corbin endeared himself to everyone by saying you were his other father. Finally, Nancy explained to us that you did not believe in "in-laws"and she always felt like a sister to you.

You touched so many lives in such a short time.

Love and hugs forever,

Jim






1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love. I hope to see you, Jack, in your next life.<3

    ReplyDelete