Thursday, June 28, 2012

Talking about exercising

I had a conversation with Lonny, the company ceo today and he wanted to know how Billie was coming along.   He told me his wife underwent  bone replacement surgery a few years back.  The docs repaired her injury with a cadaver bone and screws - not a pretty thought I might add.  Lonny spoke of the long recovery and the physical therapy his wife underwent.  He described a machine which both he and his wife use daily to strengthen leg muscles as well as their hearts.  "You might want to look into a machine called "an elliptical trainer" it's easy on your legs and great for to trim off those exta pounds.
I smiled and thought "Too bad these machines are pricey and out of my league."  Then I thought I should ask my nephew Danny about this machine; his company repairs exercise equipment and I may be able to get an elliptical for cost.  It's worth a try and I need to lose weight.  I want to be around fo quite a while longer.

2 comments:

  1. I don't take it one STEP at a time because I am not allowed to put any weight on my foot. More like one wheel at a time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Billie talking!

    ReplyDelete