Saturday, August 18, 2012

Something has to change

When I started this blog I had dreams of adding a new post every single day.  And I did for a while. I rambled at first and then made small comments about my day but then something changed.  I decided to share with you an imaginary trip to Ireland since my actual visit was postponed due to Billie's injury.  Then I realized I was developing a trend of spending    an exorbitant amount of time writing and blogging and less time sleeping.  My body craved for naps and naps it began to receive.  Unfortunately these little interludes of rest would materialize while I was still sitting in front of my computer.  First my finger ceased typing then my eyelids slowly sealed shut.  On occassion I was left with an impression -- a keyboard impression on my forehead.

No doubt something had to change.  So stories were wittled down to essays and essays became paragraphs to help me gain my missing sleep.
My new plan was simple which combines the rest that is needed and the creativity I craved.  


Be on the look-out here for one short story and many shorter essays.

3 comments:

  1. oh so you have narcolepsy too? I just got it...must be catching.

    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My definition of Narcolepsy is an epileptic with a drug problem. Hmmm. . .if I don't take my depakote and dilantin, I'm going to have a problem. So, yes Linda, I must have narcolepsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Jimmy--this way I can have you back paying attention instead of falling asleep.

    Hugs--Billie

    ReplyDelete